church_planting1

Why We Need 90% of the Church to Grow

There are 4,000 megachurches in the world with 100 million attending. They make up 10% of the church overall. However, Karl Vaters notes that these impressive numbers pale in comparison to the estimated seven billion people in the world. In order to reach more people with the Gospel, we need the other 90% of churches to tap their full potential.

Click here to read the full story. Get stories like this and more each week with Ministry Briefing! Order now and receive your first four issues for just $1!

Why this matters for church leaders:

The primary growth area for the church will be in smaller congregations that are either revitalized or planted. The future of the church depends on small and large churches working together.

  • What can small churches learn? It’s common knowledge that new church plants tend to be more effective at reaching communities with the gospel. That should motivate larger churches to invest more in helping small churches and new plants become more effective in reaching their neighbors with the Gospel.
  • Small churches can partner together: A smaller church size has advantages that can be tapped into. Small churches can share properties and resources, making them efficient and easily adapted as new challenges arise.
  • Small churches can make their own reputation: Larger churches tend to get featured in news stories and are subject to the whims and assumptions of popular opinion. Smaller churches can fly under the radar and minister without necessarily being in the public spotlight.

Is there a small church that your ministry can help?

Is there a large church that you can ask for help?

Find this story interesting?  It’s just one of dozens of stories great leaders are reading about this week in Ministry Briefing! All readers of my blog can get the next four issues of Ministry Briefing for just $1!


logo_ministry_cSave Time. Lead Better.  Ministry Briefing finds only the top news items, cultural trends, and resources that you need to know about each week… stories that will help you save time and lead better.

Save Time.

Who doesn’t want to be a better leader, right? But it takes time to develop and learn new leadership insights. And it takes an intelligent plan. Ministry Briefing puts everything you need to develop your leadership in your hands each month. You’ll find the top 40 resources nicely summarized and fully linked so that you can drill-down on your specific areas of interest.

Lead Better.

Great leaders learn from great leaders.  Each week, our editors read hundreds of church leadership resources (the great, the not-so-great, and the ‘really’?) and pick only the best of the best to share in Ministry Briefing.  You’ll learn great concepts and ideas from really sharp minds… things that will stretch and mold you into a better leader for your local church.

Our Commitment.

We’re not in the business of selling a bloated program or complicated process that guarantees (or suggests) that we’ll make you the next Andy Stanley. We don’t claim to be the best thing since sliced bread. We simply have a passion for the church and ministry and collecting the best resources we think can help you be a better church leader, one idea at a time. Great church leaders keep up on what’s happening in the big “C” church. We make it easy to keep your head out of the sand without wasting your time. Read this week’s full edition with your no-risk trial subscription now.

Leave a Reply

7 Total Shares
Tweet
Share6
Share
Pin
+11
Current Events Humor Leadership Staffing
coffee-is-how-the-church-welcomes-everyone
Coffee Is How the Church Welcomes Everyone

Coffee has long been a popular drink that provides a simple way for people to gather together and converse. Coffee shops were the main hubs that passed along ideas and information, but today coffee also serves as a key way for church members and visitors to mingle before or after a service. Click here to get the full story. Want stories...

where-do-the-religiously-unaffiliated-come-from_
Where Do the Religiously Unaffiliated Come From?

A closer look at the trends driving the growth of the unaffiliated may suggest that the trend is in part a result of those with a low religious commitment being more comfortable stating they are not religious, as those with that commitment level shifted by 9% toward unaffiliated. In addition, the overall growth of the nonreligious, including atheists and agnostics has grown from 10% of Americans to 23% of Americans.   Click here to get the full story. Want stories...

hillsong-documentary-offers-outside-perspective
Understanding the Challenges of Pastoral Burnout

Among pastors who left the ministry before the age of 65,...