Why Video is So Stinkin’ Important In Your Church
As a church leader, you need to use every tool at your disposal to communicate your mission, vision, and values at your church. Don’t discount video. According to a post at Insivia.com, here are some very important things to remember about video and the power it has in your ministry:
- Each day 100 million internet users watch an online video.
- 90% of user say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process. (What ministry implications does this have when people visit your church’s website?)
- According to ComScore, the average user spends over 16 minutes watching online video ads every month. – The key word here is ‘ads’. These are JUST the ads.
- They say a picture is worth a million words. Insivia says that one minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words. (Not quite sure where they get that, but it IS interesting).
- Comedy is the most popular form of online video content among all viewers at 39% according to Burst Media. (Question: How can you use comedy to help people remember your point?)
- BUT… Keep it Short: 45% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% by 2 minutes, according to Visible Measures.
- It’s the future: By 2016, 2/3rds of the worlds mobile data traffic will be video according to Cisco. 2/3 by 2016? Sounds like we have some work to do.