Three Feet of Snow Stinks when Your Offering for the Week is $0
Parts of the country get hit with hug snowstorms each winter. Some places get over three feet of snow. For churches that are not able to meet on the weekend, that means a week without an offering. And if your church is close on it’s budget… this can be a HUGE deal. Is there something you can do about it? Mark Brooks shares some thoughts: Is there anything you can do? Yes! The following are some key ideas you can do right now to make up the loss of a cancelled service. I recommend the following…
- Write a snail mail letter to all your donors asking them to this week send in their offering. Include in the letter a postage paid stamp so that it is easy for them to send the offering back to you. If you need help with that letter email me for a sample copy at Mark@TheCharisGroup.org
- Send out an email blast today asking members to respond with a gift. If you have online giving set up include a link to that portal so that they can easily make their gift.
- Use your Social Media platforms to appeal to members to send in a gift this week.
- Make sure you have an up to date data base of your members email addresses, Social Media contact information, etc. You can’t send out an email blast if you don’t have an email data base!
- Set up online giving! If you have online giving you can immediately recoup any losses from a cancelled weekend of services. If you need help setting this up see our website at http://charisgivingsolutions.com/
- Have a snail mail letter already drafted and ready to send out. You know the snow is coming why not send out a letter before it hits?
- Have printed envelopes with a postage paid stamp printed on them. Yon only pay the postage IF a member sends it back. The key is to make giving easy for your members. The easier it is to give the more likely they will give.