Each week, my friend Matt Steen and I do a fun-filled video podcast talking about the things we find interesting in the ministry world each week. This week’s episode is about 50 minutes long, and (we think) is great to put on while you’re eating lunch or multi-tasking. This week, we talk about the hurricane, the election, Billy Graham, rhinestone jeans, what makes Todd gag, Robert Schuller, whiners, pastors who are afraid to get fired, a pastor who thinks Obama is paving the way for the anti-christ, the NINES, and a flashback look at a 1982 church code of conduct. Each week we try as hard as we can to come up with a very mediocre podcast, and this is what we came up with this week!
Click the video below to watch now, or catch the audio version here.
The Election (4:25)
- FIRST-PERSON: What should Christians do now? (7:09)
- First Baptist Dallas Pastor: Obama is ‘Paving the Way for the Anti-christ” (8:03)
- 7 Ways religious diversity played in the election (10:10)
- Election results raise questions about Christian right’s influence (10:42)
Politics in the Pulpit (18:01)
- Why the IRS Has Stopped Auditing Churches—Even One that Calls President Obama a Muslim (18:04)
- Putting an End to Pulpit Politicking (19:56)
- Crystal Cathedral: Schullers go to court
- Crystal Cathedral: Rev. Schuller takes the stand
- Crystal Cathedral: Arvella Schuller takes the stand
Rhinestone Jeans Are Ruining Pews (34:07)
Lifeway vs. vagina? (39:21)
Helping Long Island Recover (47:00)