- Seek Unforgiveness. Someone hurt you lately? Cool. Here’s what you do: Hold a grudge. That’s right. Don’t give in to the temptation to be the weaker one. Keep steady. Better yet, give them the silent treatment. Yeah! It will teach them a lesson and you’ll be well on your way to burning out.
- Pursue Passionlessness. Ask yourself this question: “What ministry fuels my passion?” Got your answer? Good. Now do something (anything) that is the opposite of your answer. Do the thing that is a total drag for you. Give it your all. Seek the boredom. Revel in the difficulty. It will annoy those around you and you’ll be well on your way to burning out. You can read the other three here… Any thoughts or comments on how you’ve avoided (or gotten yourself out of) burnout?
- Do you need to confess your affair with church/work to God and to your wife?
- What kind of idolatry has been motivating your church/work affair?
- How can you embrace the good news of repentance to true change?
- Is there someone in your life that can regularly exhort you to put the mistress away and remind you that Christ is your identity?
CLICK IMAGE TO WATCH VIDEO (Length: 6 min 09 sec) Subscribe to MinistryBriefing on YouTube What was YOUR biggest regret in Ministry? Leave a text or video comment here…If you’ve been a pastor or church leader for more than 5 minutes, you probably have some regrets. 🙂 Thom Rainer recently asked 25 pastors (all of whom have been in ministry for over 25 years and are over the age of 55) what they wish they would have done differently.
Read the story here… Lessons: 1. If you’re a pastor… DON’T TOUCH THE MONEY 2. If you’re a pastor… DON’T TOUCH THE MONEY… EVER. 3. If you’re in a position of authority, make sure you don’t let the pastor touch the money… ever. 4. Set up safeguards when counting and accounting for the money… every cent of it. QUESTION: is there ever, EVER a way that this kind of thing could go on in a church for ten years and not be discovered by anyone? I think not… if the proper accountability methods would have been in place. What think you?It was a pretty simply ploy according to prosecutors. Set up a separate account called with “Ministry” in the name of it; forge your treasurer’s signature, and you’re off to the races. Not sure how he got the money into the account without being caught… … for TEN YEARS. //