Pastor Interview Questions (sample list):
- There are many who profess to know Christ who are mistaken. What evidences do you have that you have been given life by God?
- What does it mean for a person to love God? In what ways do you see true biblical love toward God demonstrated in your life? Do you see true biblical love toward God in the lives of your wife and each of your children?
- How does your wife feel about your commitment to pastoring?
- Why do you believe God wants you in the pastorate?
- Closely examine each of the Bible’s qualifications for pastors and deacons (1 Tim. 3; Titus 1:5-9; Acts 6:1-6; 1 Pet. 5:1-4). Which are you strongest qualities? With which requirements do you have the most trouble? Why do you believe these areas of difficulty do not presently disqualify you from ministering? (Note the phrase “must be” in 1 Tim. 3:2.)
- A pastor is charged by God to preach to the church and to shepherd the people in a more individual way. Which aspect of the ministry appeals to you the most? What are some specific ways you could be helped to develop your skills in either of these areas?
- What are your methods for involving yourself in the lives of your people as their shepherd and overseer of their souls?
- What activities characterize your evangelistic interest? What is your approach to personal evangelism? corporate evangelism?
- What is your approach to counseling? How do you handle your counseling load?
- What are your specific and regular practices regarding the spiritual disciplines (e.g., personal prayer, Bible study, meditation, stewardship, learning, etc.)?
Read the other pastor interview questions here: 55 Questions for a Prospective Pastor
The following is an excellent list of pastor interview questions. Although this is written from a very conservative baptist perspective, there are a lot of great questions here… feel free to modify to your situation and particular interview.