You may have seen them advertised, or thought they were only for larger churches.Â But do those automated, ATM-like giving kiosks really work?Â Tim Stevens reports
that giving is up around 3% at Granger Community Church since they’ve added the kiosks…
Here’s some other things that Tim shares that Granger has learned in their first months of utilizing the kiosks:
- Between September 11 and December 31, we took in almost 1,250 donations on the kiosks. The average donation was $80, and the gifts totaled around $25,000 per month. (We have around 5,000 attending each weekâ€“so you can scale this up or down for your situation.)
- Kiosk donations accounted for 4% of our overall donations in the last four months of 2009.
- We have 3 machines. 2 at our Granger Campus and 1 at our Elkhart Campus.
- Prior to September, we averaged 42 new givers/month to our General Fund. Between September and December we averaged 67 new givers/month to our General Fund.
- Average monthly giving increased 3% in the last four months of 2009.
- During this time, we had 69 people give for the first time on the kiosks. In total, those 69 people subsequently gave $15,225 through the end of the year.
Is YOUR church using kiosks?Â What have your results been?
Have you been thinking about utilizing giving kiosks?Â If you’ve been thinking about it… what’s held you back?
I’d love to hear your input…