My friend Chris Elrod just posted a great story about how his church (Compass Point) is planning, and is intent on being and staying healthy.Â According to Chris, Healthy churches produce healthy Christians which makes for healthy outreach and discipleship for the Kingdom of God.Â But in order for churches to be healthy, they need to plan.. and plan well.
Here are some of the planning steps that Chris suggests:
- plan for the vision of the church first and foremostâ€¦
- keep it simple with only a few actual events each yearâ€¦
- plan far enough in advance to implement wellâ€¦
- plan on having enough finances, volunteers and resources to accommodateâ€¦
- intentionally plan for spiritual and numerical growthâ€¦
- plan on God moving mightilyâ€¦
How does your church plan?
Personally, I love #6:Â plan on God moving mightily.Â I wonder… how many churches really make plans for that?Â Should all churches?
Take a look at more on how Compass Point has planned for 2010 here at Chris’ blog.
What big plans does your church have this year?Â And how are you planning on God moving mightiy in your midst?