I love this.
These are seven stupid things that leaders say when their trying to lead change. These hurt your cause, not help it.
I’ll list them here… head over to Carey’s site for some additional commentary and insight.
Here we go:
1. These changes are great. I can’t understand why you don’t like them.
2. God told me this is what we should do.
3. We’ve got this all figured out. Just trust me.
4. What happened in the past is completely irrelevant… focus on the future.
5. Everyone just needs to get on board right now.
6. I know people are leaving… who cares?
7. This is a bullet-proof plan.
I’ve heard all of these at one time or another. Sometimes they are not public, but are rather batted around at the staff/leadership level.
But word gets out.
And your attitude shines much louder than what you are or are not saying publicly.
Have YOU said any of these stupid things before when leading change?
How’d that work out for you?
Would love to hear your comments!