Posted by Todd Rhoades in Leadership
on Dec 4th, 2012 | 3 comments
Here are a few of 15 warning signs from Perry Noble that your church is in trouble. Take heed and do an honest assessment of where your church is at in these key areas:
- When excuses are made about the way things are instead of embracing a willingness to roll up the sleeves and fix the problem.
- The leadership begins to settle for the natural rather than rely on the supernatural.
- The church begins to view success/failure in regards to how they are viewed in the church world rather than whether or not they are actually fulfilling the Great Commission!
- Scripture isn’t central in every decision that is made!
- The church is reactive rather than proactive.
- The people in the church lose sight of the next generation and refuse to fund ministry simply because they don’t understand “those young people.”
- The people learn how to depend on one man to minister to everyone rather than everyone embracing their role in the body, thus allowing the body to care for itself.
- There is a loss of a sense of urgency! (Hell is no longer hot, sin is no longer wrong, and the cross is no longer important!)
Switch to our mobile site