Tim Peters has written a short piece dealing with ten reasons why pastors quit too soon. I found it interesting (and true). Take a look at the list… Do you ever feel like quitting? It’s probably because of one of these reasons…
- Many pastors and church leaders receive criticism, experience little or no growth, people leave, enemy attacks, etc.
- Many pastors are successful. But with unnecessary and self-afflicted pressure they feel like a failure.
- It can be lonely at the top.
4. Moral Failure
- Especially sexual sin/affair/pornography addiction.
5. Financial Pressure
- Not enough money to support their family. Or lack of financial responsibility.