You need a leader checklist! Want to make a change in your church? Isn’t that what leadership is all about? Sometimes change involves getting people to put aside traditions that are hindering the church from reaching people. Other times change just means the end-result that you want to see in people. But leadership is all about inducing ‘change’…Leadership is all about inducing 'change'. But how? Here are 8 questions to ask yourself...Click To Tweet
Mac Lake has developed a leader checklist for leaders as they try to maneuver and lead change. See what you think:
- What problem am I trying to address by making a change? (Do others see this same problem?)
- Have I taken the time to build relational equity so others will trust and follow my leadership through this change?
- Have I enlisted the support of key influencers in the organization to act as ambassadors for the change?
- Have I listened to others opinions and understand the objections to the change?
- Have I made the purpose of the change clear?
- Have my team and I prayed for wisdom and sought godly counsel regarding this potential change?
- Have I laid out a reasonable timetable for the change? (Often leaders try to make changes too fast)
- Do I have a plan for effectively communicating the change?
You can read more about creating a leader checklist over at MacLakeOnline.com.
What do you think is the most important item above? What is the one item that you find the hardest in your current leadership situation?