Ever feel stymied?
Ever have a big issue that you’ve needed to make a decision about for some time, but just haven’t?
You keep putting it on the back burner hoping the decision will make itself.
Maybe it’s a staff member that you need to release. You’re hoping it will work its way out. It probably won’t.
Maybe it’s a decision to shut down a ministry. To start a new campus. To start a new service.
Most of us don’t make hasty decisions… and that’s not what I’m asking you to do.
What I’m asking you to do, is get off the pot and make A decision. On something.
We all probably have a decision that we’ve needed to make for some time now, but we’ve been putting it off.
Well… today’s the day!
Craig Jarrow, the Time Management Ninja shares ten reasons you should make that decision today.
- You May Not Get Another Chance – Sometimes opportunity only knocks once. Don’t let an option pass you by because you don’t make a timely decision.
- You Can Change Your Mind – Don’t let the fear of making a wrong choice paralyze you. There are very, very few decisions in life that are not changeable. Your degree, your job, where you live, even your relationships. You can choose again.
- It’s Not That Important – As well, there are very few decisions in life that are truly that important. Don’t let perceived importance scare you from choosing.
- Not Making A Choice is a Choice – When you don’t choose for yourself, life will choose for you. Ironically, too many people make their decisions by not choosing.
- A Good Decision Beats a Perfect One – To re-phrase a famous quote, a good decision now always beats a perfect one later. Don’t wait to make a choice that may pass you by.
- Choosing is a Privilege – It is the one thing that you control in your life. Make sure youchoose your own path.
- Other People’s Decisions Are Not Your Own – Make your own choices. Live your own life. Otherwise, you will look back and realize that you are living someone else’s life and priorities.
- Inaction Leads to a Boring Life – Some people choose not to make decisions because they think it is easier. They tell themselves that it is less stressful if they don’t choose. This may be true, but it is also boring. It is uneventful and lazy. Be bold in your decisions and live with the good and the bad.
- There is Never a Perfect Time – Don’t wait for the right time. There isn’t one. There is never a perfect time… just time.
- Today Always Beats Tomorrow – Today is the only day you have. Tomorrow is only a promise and may never come. Dream for tomorrow, but live for today. Make your choice and do it now.