Well… last week the judged ruled that the Crystal Cathedral will be sold to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange.
Sunday at services at the CC, Senior Pastor Sheila Schuller Coleman thanked God for ‘intentionally delaying” a miracle. Here’s what she said, according to the Orange County Register:
“Is a miracle delayed, denied? We have many reasons to believe that God’s miracle will still come to pass and His glory will still shine all that much brighter.”
She said that in front of, the the Register listed as a ‘congregation of about 400’.
(If the picture above is true representation of the actual attendance on Sunday at one of the services, then things are beyond dire.)
Under the agreement with the Diocese, the CC could lease the core buildings for three years for $100,000 a month for the first year, $150,000/month for years 2 and 3. But at the end of year three, they would have to vacate the premises.
Seems to me there are two options:
1. Hold out for the big miracle with big faith, i.e. ‘play big or go home’; or
2. Call it a day. Pay off your creditors and move on shut this puppy down.
What would YOU do?
PS – I would probably call it a day. (Take all the CC theology out of it). We had a good run. Let’s pay off all the people we owe and distribute the few thousand we may have left. And let’s bless these people as they move on to other ministries (and help them find a place). Is this horrible thinking?