Has your church stopped growing?
Is it plateaued?
Is it in decline?
Carey Nieuwhof suggests you ask yourself some tough questions.
1. Is your sense of mission white hot?
Effective, growing churches have a white hot sense of mission that is all consuming. Many times churches that have stopped growing have lost the urgency of their mission.
2. Are you focused on unchurched people or yourselves?
Carey talks about the gravitational pull of any church being toward insiders, not outsiders. To address this, you need to base your decisions and focus on who you want to reach, not who you want to keep.
3. Has your strategy or approach become dated?
What got you here won’t necessarily get you there. Maybe your strategy has sopped be effective.
4. Are you on top of the constant change in our culture?
Everything’s changing. Rapidly. Are you relating to the people you are trying to reach?
5. When was the last time you personally invited someone to church?
Yeouch. Carey says: If almost no one at your church knows any unchurched people, it’s no mystery why your church isn’t growing.