If you look close (or not so close) today, you’ll find some changes.
Change is good, no?
I’ve been working nights and weekends to bring change to what you see here at the website. Â Hopefully, you’ll like some of them. Â And maybe the things you don’t like, you’ll grow to love over time.
So… why the change? Â Mostly because it was just time for one. Â I get easily bored. Â So, with a little help from my new friend in Turkey, what you see today is the culmination of a few weeks of collaboration that I think you will find to be a change for the positive.
So… what’s different? Â Here’s a quick run-down:
1. Â We’ve obviously updated the look and feel. Â The site feels more like a ‘magazine’. Â Kind of like Flipboard for the iPad (if you’re familiar with that). Â It will take a little getting used to, but I hope you like it. Â I think it looks much more up-to-date and innovative. Â But… if you’re a blog purist, and prefer the older type layout format, you can check out that layout here
2. Â A little confession… I had been getting pretty sloppy in my blogging at the old MMI… some categories weren’t tagged, some of the formatting was a little screwy, etc. Â This new design should make it easier for me to keep on top of things. Â After all, this is a one-man labor of love (and I do have a full-time job that demands my day attention). Â So… The new site is actually much more organized, easier to navigate and read, and hopefully a lot more user-friendly.
3. Â Enhanced search. Â Using the search bar on the right, you’ll be able to search anything that’s been posted to the site. Â And using the tags on each post, you can find related posts that go along with what you’re currently reading.
4. Â Better categories. Â You’ll see the categories clearly marked at the top of the site. Â Click on any of the categories that interest you, and you’ll find all of our archives on that subject. Â I think you’ll find it a pleasant way to spend a whole afternoon. Â 🙂
5. Â You can add a guest post! Â I’ve also added the ability for you to submit a guest post to the site! Â All you need to do is go here
and type in your post. Â If it’s good, I’ll publish it!
6. Â Better social media sharing. Â The new design allows you the ability to share things that you like with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, etc. Â We hope that you’ll help ‘share the love’.
7. Â New URL. Â Probably the biggest change is the change of URLs from MondayMorningInsight.com to ToddRhoades.com. Â This was done for a couple of reasons. Â First, MONDAYmorninginsight is kinda deceiving. Â When the blog started (back in 1994) it was a weekly thing… mostly an email rather than a website, that came out on… you got it… Monday mornings. Â Now though, the website is not just for Mondays. Â And many people still think it’s only an email or a Monday morning thing. Â And secondly, the old MMI at the old domain will remain active for a bit of time until the search engines pick up all the content at the new domain. Â All the new content will be right here at ToddRhoades.com though, so you might want to change your bookmarks. Â (Your RSS feed will continue without a hitch… no change needed).
OK… those are the reasons for the big change.
I’d love to hear what you think though… good, bad, ugly, about the new design. Â What do you like? Â What would you change?
Be nice. Â Be brutal. Â It’s up to you.
Please leave a comment and give any suggestions you might have. Â I really value your input!
Have a great day in ministry!