Scott Williams writes: Most of us have worked for leaders that are for all intents and purposes were not very good. I have worked with and for both great leaders and those not very good leaders.
To be honest, I actually learned a lot in my early days of leadership from some really bad leaders. Not only were they bad leaders, they were oblivious to the negative affects of their poor leadership. There are many signs that a leader is not a good leader and below are 12 Obvious Signs.
The reason I attribute these signs to not being a ”Good Leader” instead of “Great Leader,” is due to the fact that a leader usually goes through the progression of being a “Good Leader” before they can become a “Great Leader.”
12 Signs They Are Not A Good Leader: (They could be you!)
1. they are not willing to fail.
2. they only talk and never listen.
3. they don’t develop and produce other leaders.
4. they micro-manage.
5. they are generally insecure or threatened by those they lead.
6. they are not willing to follow and learn from their subordinates.
7. they are more focused on what people think about the results, than the results themselves.
8. they don’t have a genuine care and concern for those they lead.
9. they put policy over people, no matter the situation or circumstance.
10. they are willing to make the wrong decision, for fear of fall-out from making the right decision.
11. they take all of the credit and none of the blame.
12. they only dream about being like so and so, instead of dreaming about becoming who God uniquely created them to be.