Discover Ministry Briefing! --> The Best Way To Keep "In The Know"!
Have you ever met a power hungry pastor or church leader?
It’s not pretty.
Joseph Mattera recently wrote a piece entitled “Anthony Weiner and 12 Signs of Power-Hungry Leaders. For our purposes here, I’ve changed the word ‘leaders’ to ‘pastors’:
1. They only relate to other “power” people
2. They are constantly dropping names and speaking about their accomplishments
3. They are in competition with other peer leaders
4. They are all things to all people
5. They are driven by selfish ambition instead of by love for people
6. They love the praises of men
7. They often compromise their ethical values
8. They have few boundaries to maintain personal and family health
9. They are only loyal to themselves
10. They head up organizations for stature rather than service
11. They exaggerate their value
12. They have a superficial inner life
What do YOU think?
Have you ever watched a power-hungry pastor from afar? Are these the attributes you saw in them?
Have you caught yourself over the years with any of these attributes? How did you correct them?
MUST READ: This week's top 50 stories for pastors & church leaders... Get your copy now for $2.99 (or less!)
Switch to our mobile site