Clayton King writes: I’ve been asking myself lately what failure would look like for me. Not mistakes. Not mess-ups. I’m talking about utter, unquestionable failure. Because if I don’t actually know what failure would be for me, then it will be most difficult to avoid it. Here are 10 ways to fail.
1. Build a great ministry while destroying a great marriage
2. Compromise my convictions in a moment of fatigue or weakness, and lose my family, my reputation, and my anointing
3. See thousands of strangers believe the gospel when I preach yet watch my own children reject the gospel when they grow up
4. Preach on being spiritually healthy and vibrant while neglecting my own health for the sake of the ministry
5. Be super-productive in my daily work while never working on my own personal relationship with Jesus
What other ways would you add to the list? Have you been guilty of any of the ten during your career?